It is not hard to setup a blog in Magento. However you should take into account that blog functionality is not included by default and you need to use a custom extension for it. You can search Magento Connect for an extension that will fully suit your needs.
One of the popular free extensions that you can use is this Magento Blog – Community Edition.
All Magento extensions are installed in a similar way that is thoroughly explained in our Magento Connect Tutorial. In order to install the Magento Blog extension get the extension key and enter it in Magento Connect for your website.
After the installation you will have one additional section in the Magento administrative area top menu called Blog. From there you can adjust the newly installed Blog settings, add posts etc.
How to create a blog post in Magento
Follow these steps to learn how to create a blog post in Magento 2:
- Log in to your Magento 2 admin panel.
- Go to the ‘Content’ tab > ‘Blog’ > ‘Posts’.
- Press the ‘Add new post’ button.
- To enable or disable a post, select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ correspondingly in the ‘Enable Post’ switcher.
- Enter a ‘Post Title’.
- Assign to ‘Categories’, if needed. Also you can easily create a new category by pressing a ‘New Category’ button.
- To edit a blog content use WYSIWYG (What you See is What you Get) editor.