If you want to improve your blog, it’s all about the content creation and content promotion plans you have for your site. These are the two most important things to remember.
- CONTENT CREATION – Only create great content that provides real value and is better than what’s currently already out there. Google your competition, see what type of content they have, then create something better and be sure to include stats and visuals when possible.
- CONTENT PROMOTION – With over a billion active websites and blogs online, there is already way too much content out there. Without the necessary content promotion, your site is just going to get lost in the mix. You need to continually promote your content to new audiences.
To better explain all of the above and how you can use such methods to increase traffic on your own site let’s cover the many components that go into a great marketing and branding plan to grow a website or blog. Not only will content creation come into play, it’s also how much effort you put into your content promotion as well.
In the world of blogging, this can be done in a number of ways.
We are currently using the following methods to increase traffic, backlinks and exposure to our sites:
- High quality blog content, case studies and tutorials
- Social media to connect with new audiences and share blog content
- The creation of shareable content like infographics
- Guest blogging and article contributions on other sites
- Creating expert round ups of other top bloggers and industry influencers
- Getting interviewed on other podcasts and running a podcast of our own
How to Improve SEO?
There are some small but important search engine optimization changes you can make right away. Here are 5 simple things you can do today to improve your SEO.
1. Sign up with Webmaster Tools
On-site optimization (making sure all the technical details of your site are how they should be for both search engines and searchers) can be complicated. Luckily, both Google and Bing offer a suite of webmaster tools to make it simpler.
2. Set up Google Authorship
If you write online, make sure you get credit for your content with Google by setting up Google Authorship. Authorship results are more likely to catch the eye of a searcher, as seen in this heat map.
3. Consider your keywords
You don’t have to do a full dive into keyword research and optimization. It’s enough to begin with some empathetic thinking. Get into the mind of a searcher and create a list of words you think people might use to find you online.
4. Create astounding content
Once your site is in order and you’ve got an idea of your keywords, you’re ready to create the kind of content that improves your SEO by bringing you social shares and quality inbound links.
If you implement these tips into your own marketing and content creation efforts you should see continued success.