If you are just getting started with the idea of having your own blog and want to spend no initial investments, then you definitely should start off with
To be honest, there are many blogging platforms which offer users the ability to create a free blog.
I would not recommend any newbie blogger to start a blog with WordPress.
I’m not saying that WordPress should not be considered as your first blogging platform. In fact, WordPress provides you with very cool themes which you can customize and plugins which you can install to run a fully professional running blog.
Having a blog with Blogger is free and it does not have any limitations.
I am dedicating this article to all newbie bloggers who are new to the world of blogging and would like to start understanding the basics of running a blog.
What is Blogger?
Blogger is a blogging platform powered by Google. It offers you the opportunity to start a free blog.
Blogger formally known as Blogspot is a Google-centric blogging platform.
To start a free blog with Blogger you really don’t need to be tech-savvy as you need very little technical knowledge.
To tell you the truth, there are only two top reputed blogging platforms for this 2019 and they areand
Why Blogger is Easy-to-Use?
Unlike WordPress, where you are required to install different plugins and go through their complicated dashboard, Blogger does not need you to install anything.
This the main reason Blogger has become a great alternative for any newbie blogger to start-off free and with no what so ever initial investments.
Below the illustrated table, I have highlighted the Pros and Cons of using Blogger as your first free blogging platform –
- Blogger is free of cost and you get a free subdomain
- The blog is hosted by Google and you do not worry about anything
- The Blogger interface is very user friendly and you don’t need any basic technical knowledge of running a blog
- You only need a Google account to set-up blogger
- With Blogger you can create a blog with no investment and can monetize it with Google AdSense
- The Blogger subdomains do not look professional so you have to pay for a custom domain
- Blogger is not suitable for professional blogging as you do not have enough control
- The Blogger theme can only be customized to a limited extent. There is very little what can be done.
- Other email accounts can be used to create a blog on Blogger
- As Blogger is a free platform you have to follow the terms and conditions. In case you violate any terms your account can be banned and shut down.
Creating Your Free Blog with Blogger
First, you would need to head over toand login using your .
To open a Gmail account is Free and you are not required to pay anything.
Once you are logged in, click on “new blog”.
Creating Your First Free Blog with Blogger
The next step in the process is to create a name for your blog.
This will be the title of your blog.
Note: You will be required to select an address for your blog to be hosted under thesite URL.
Creating a Blogger address
Note: Blogger requires you to comply with EU laws for posting a blog post in their platform. The EU laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws require you to agree with their EU terms and conditions.
Once you have agreed with the EU Compliance Agreement, it’s time to create your first new post with Blogger.
I started my blogging journey with, and later I migrated to WordPress.
I will be shortly coming up with a detailed WordPress Guide.
My final thought here would be that Blogger is a platform for newbie bloggers which you can use to gain experience.
If using the Blogger platform seems too basic for you and you want to take your blog to a professional level then you can always use WordPress.