Guest blogging is the practice of reasearching and writing about a particuilar topic you are interested in and publishing it on a blog or a website that belongs to someone else.
It is just a method through which a blogger or an owner of a website allows you to publish something and gain the attention of his audience.
Guest posting is an excellent activity when you are looking for link through high authority sites, higher and relevant traffic and more. It is advantageous to publish a post on a high authority site or the one that has a lot of traffic and social activity on it.
What is guest blog posting?
By definition Guest blog posting means to have your own article published on someone else blog with your name.
It may have some backlinks to your own blog and can help you get referral traffic and link juice to your site.
- Sponsored Post: You have to pay a fixed amount to get featured on someone else blog and in return you will get a backlink or two. (no of backlink may vary)
- Non sponsored post: You do not have to pay to be featured but have to write according to the audience and niche of the guest blog. You can get a link to your site in the author bio or can get social media links in the bio.
- Round Up Post: You can participate in a roundup post that will feature multiple experts sharing their views on a particular points. This type of guest post will not help you enough but yes, you can again get a backlink from it.
Wither way, guest post is very useful if doing properly. The only thing to keep in mind is the quality of the article you are sharing.
How do we start guest blogging
Guest blogging doesn’t have a definite start. When you feel you’re ready to start that’s the perfect time to begin one of the best ways to build your brand on already built brand.
Here few things are to considered before you can actually begin this sure sort way to get that traffic juice towards your business/blog/website.
- Know your strength: With this I mean knowing the niche you can write upon. I’m pretty sure you must be good at something, begin with that. To feel confident, start a blog on WordPress,blogger, wix, weebly or any such platform that gives a good exposure. Once you have good grip over your content and niche it’s time for step two.
- Know your leaders: Just like you, someone else also would have initiated the same trend or journey just like you did. Follow then closely, learn from their work, creatively imitate them, feed what they serve, do as they do. And by doing this it’s definitely sure that you are growing in the same direction as they are growing. This will build the foundation over your confidence that you gained in step one and now it’s time for step 3.
- Know your audience: Whilst you’re learning from the leaders, it’s good to know and trace the audience that’s following the leaders which will become your audience pretty soon. This is the most important step among all, as this involves learning and observing. Because just like you some one else is also preparing to reach the top. This brings me to the final and critical step of the flow.
- Know your target: Once you are having the confidence of bring the traffic to your business/blog/website by guest posting it’s time to target your post to right people. As a whole you are going to serve your piece of content to the people who already are being feeder by leaders. So it’s very crucial to place your content in front of right audience. And this is where guest blogging comes in, the leaders you came to know about in step 2 are to be approached and asked for guest post. All the learnings you gained all this while will take shape of an article on their blog/website. And to grow tremendously you ought to produce articles constantly on their blog so as to be benefited mutually.
These steps are out of experience and learning and hence I’m sure this will definitely work in long run.
What sites accept guest blog posts?
There are many ways to find out sites accessing guest post. You can simply Google: Your Niche + Write for us OR Your Niche + Guest Post (Guest Author)
But, you will get very limited results with such techniques. Let me give you a list of guest posting approving sites. You can also visit this article on List of Guest Posting sites. The article has direct links to the guidelines of submitting a guest post:
- The Guardian
- Bigger Pockets
- 5 Minutes For Mom
- Fast Company
- YFS Magazine
- Creative Bloq
- Read Write
- Content Marketing Institute
- Social Media Today
- Harvard Business Review
- Authority Hacker
- Social Media Examiner
- Pick The Brain
- Time Management Ninja
- Digital Inspiration
- My Venture Pad
- A List Apart
- Smashing Magazine
- The Vandelay Design
- Design Your Own Blog
- Web And Designer
- Politico Magazine
- Everyday Bright
- The Muse
- Campus To Career
- Psychology Today
- The Mogul Mom
- eLearning Magazine
You can read more SEO related article click here
Thanks for reading this article. If you feel any interest after reading the registration, please share………..