Affiliate marketing or other entities for advertising the merchant’s product/ services with referrals.
There are 3 major components when it comes to affiliate marketing:
1) The seller or merchant: This component creates the product. It could be anyone, startup to a multi-national organization
2) The affiliate: A third party website or an entity that promotes the merchant’s products.
The affiliate is incentivized based on:
- Email sign-ups
- Sales or
3) The affiliate and the merchant communicate with each other via the affiliate network.
Read More : How To Make Money Affiliate Marketing
It acts as the middle man that allows merchants to find and collaborate with affiliates that are best suited for their brand. It also allows the affiliates to choose an appropriate merchant for whom they want to advertise for.
4) The customer: The customer plays the most significant role in the process of affiliate marketing. Without there being a customer, there’s no revenue for the merchant, and there’s no commission for the affiliate.
The process of affiliate marketing involves the following steps:
- 1) Using a tool/ platform (affiliate network) to find affiliates that can advertise the merchants’ product
- 2) Set up rules, guidelines, image, specifications, commission values, etc. for affiliates
- 3) Affiliates apply to advertise on your behalf
- 4) Select an affiliate that suites your brand best
- 5) The customer clicks on the ad or link, which sends the user to the merchant website
- 6) After the customer makes a purchase on the merchant website, the affiliate network records the details of this transaction
- 7) The transaction is validated and credited and credited to the affiliate
- 8) The affiliate is then paid his/ her commission
Affiliate Marketing Platforms and Networks
It is the world’s first CPA Hub and a direct advertiser of nutra offers represented in the following categories: beauty, diet, health, and adult. TerraLeads works by a COD model and provides the highest approval rates thanks to the local call-centers with native speakers on-board.
Clickbank is huge. And it’s been in the game for over 17 years. ClickBank’s focus is digital information products. As one of the largest online retailers, ClickBank has a vast library of over 6 million unique products in order to reach 200 million customers around the world.
Rakuten ranks among the top three e-commerce companies in the world with over 90,000 products from 38,500 shop owners and more than 18 million customers. Among its numerous online properties, its flagship B2B2C (business-to-business-to-consumer) model e-commerce site Rakuten Ichiba is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and among the world’s largest by sales.
4. Amazon Associates
Amazon needs no intorduction. Amazon is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. It is the largest Internet-based retailer in the United States. It’s affiliate network, called Amazon Associates, allows you to tap into over a million products to advertise to your customers.
ShareASale has been in business for 15 years, exclusively as an affiliate marketing network. Their technology receives accolades for speed, efficiency, and accuracy – and their reputation as a fair and honest business is well known within the industry.
Many marketers don’t even know that eBay has an affiliate network. eBay has now been online for over 20 years. The ebay Partner Network provides first class tools, tracking, and reporting.
Avangate is a player in digital commerce that you may not be familiar with. Avangate, backed by a cloud platform, focuses on online commerce, subscription billing, and global payments for Software, SaaS and Online Services companies. More than 4000 digital businesses in over 180 countries trust Avangate including Absolute Software, Bitdefender, Brocade, FICO, HP Software, Kaspersky Lab, Telestream, Spyrix and CleverControl.
FlexOffersAffiliate Programs is a premiere affiliate network that builds mutually profitable relationships between strategic, skilled, and trustworthy online publishers and a robust portfolio of 5,000+ popular advertisers spanning all verticals. With over 10+ years of experience in the affiliate marketing industry, they offer unparalleled customer service, an array of optimized data delivery tools, and fast and dependable payments– proving that flexibility is the key to affiliate success. FlexOffers Affiliate Programs was recently ranked the eighth overall affiliate network in the Revenue+Performance Top 20 Affiliate (CPS) Network 2015 Blue Book survey.
Avantlink is the industry-leading technology platform for affiliate referrals. Avantlink works hard to remain on the cutting edge with constant upgrades and updates to the their platform, rapid implementation of new tools and technology, and an unyielding emphasis on quality over quantity.
RevenueWire is a global ecommerce platform specifically designed for companies that sell digital products online (just like Clickbank). Combined with industry-leading services like AffiliateWire, their ecommerce platform is a player in more than 120 countries.
Tradedoubler was founded in 1999 by two young Swedish entrepreneurs. They have offices in the UK and multiple countries throughout Europe, including Sweden, Germany, France, Poland and Spain. Their focus has always been to provide smarter results for both clients and affiliates through technology. In 18 years, they’ve amassed an army of 180,000 active publishers, connecting them to over 2,000 merchants in Europe and the UK. Many of these merchants are household names.