The word Freelance is a combination of the words Free and Lance. The word has been growing in popularity since the early 1900’s.
What is Freelancing?
A freelancer is a person who works independently without any type of contract with a specific organization. There may not be a specific remuneration for his work, and the subject may not be specified in full time or part time.
Simply put, a freelancer is a free-spirited person who works for a variety of organizations according to his or her skills.
For example: a writer who writes some content for a person or organization. Similarly, a logo designer designs a logo for a person or organization for a while.
The benefits of freelancing
- A freelancer chooses the job of his choice, in which case no one can force him to do any work.
- It is often up to you to decide how much you will pay.
- Pony freelancing can start at any time. It does not require much preparation. Only if you are proficient in a particular subject can you start working on it.
- A freelancer is able to decide for himself which person or organization he will work with. In this case, he has full freedom of will.
- If you are a freelancer you will set your own work schedule. There is freedom in scheduling work here.
- In a word, a freelancer draws his own schedule and manages it himself.
The difficulty of freelancing
- There is a lot of competition to survive. Nowadays, if one wants to start freelancing, he has to face a lot of competition. Because, the number of freelancers is constantly increasing.
- Since a freelancer chooses the job of his choice, he may not always have a job.
- You have to work with different clients at different times. So after everyone gets a little harder to keep everyone equally satisfied, much more challenging.
- It may take you a long time to get the first job and your work rate may be relatively low.
- Creating some good client base is a time consuming task, in which case you need to be patient.
3 marketplaces suitable for starting a freelance career
Now I will introduce you to three popular marketplaces from which you can start your freelance career.
fiverr is a micro-freelance marketplace and is currently the most popular among newcomers or Bangladeshis.
Only if you are proficient in a specific job can you provide your services at fiverr.
There are a total of eight categories in fiverr and there are many sub-categories in each category. There are also many sub-categories in each category. From this you need to start working by determining your category.
The advantage of Fiverr
- It is very easy to create an account here, any new person can easily create an account here.
- fiverr is like a stall or shop where you can store some of your designated products or services, which are called gigs.
- A gig means a job such as: keyword research.
- Suppose you can do keyword research. Then you can sell your service here, which can be priced (minimum – 5 – maximum ৫ 995)
- You can sell this service again in three packages (Basic, Standard and Premium).
- Here you can also work through buyer or client request.
If you can work on fiverr for a while then this may be the first step in starting your freelancing career.
People Per Hour
This marketplace is also very popular with newcomers and here you can get a fair reward for your work.
Like fiverr, here are some categories from which you can choose the one you like.
Here too you can create a service according to your work skills, which is called Hourlie.
The more interestingly you create this service or hourly, the more your sales will grow.
Also, here you can bid on buyers’ requests.
Features a good Hourlie
The title is very important for your hourly. Your title should be clear, easy to understand and beautiful.
In your Hourlie description, you tell the buyer why he needs the service and how he will benefit from it.
The more detailed your service, the more sales it will have.
You can use bullet points, text modifiers such as bold in your writing. This makes your service look more beautiful.
Use beautiful and unique pictures for your Hourlie. Because, a beautiful picture makes your service more lively to the client.
You can increase your sales by using extra add-ons in Hourlie. You will be given 15 proposal credits as new.
A much more popular freelance marketplace but now it has become a bit difficult for Bangladeshis to work here.
Upwork is currently recognizing a very small number of accounts from Bangladesh.
However, in my opinion, those who have some work experience should try upwork.
Some rules for working in Upwork
The first requirement for working here is a 100% approved profile. Where beautifully your name, your skills, description, job rate and a picture of you will be given.
In Upwork you have to bid for different jobs with this profile.
Here you will find two types of work, 1. Hourly and II. Fixed prize.
As a new freelancer, you will get 60 Connects, with which you will bid for the job. A job will cost a minimum of 1 – a maximum of 5 connections.
You need to have an account with any bank in Bangladesh to withdraw money from Upwork. You can send money directly to that account.
Hopefully, those of you who have not yet decided how and where to start, at least don’t be late, start working.
If you like my article, please share it on your social network and give newcomers a chance to know.
If you have any questions you can comment below, but please comment on the topic discussed in this post.