Technology has grown rapidly and is still growing, it has made our lives comfortable. This is a boom for today’s world: mobile and internet. Why Technology Is Good ? We cannot even imagine without mobile. In earlier days we used letters and telegram for communication, but now within a few seconds we can communicate with anyone anywhere. And this has become possible due to technology. So what exactly does this technology mean?
What is technology? We talk about it very often and hear a lot about it, but the answer is easy and surprisingly difficult.
What is Technology ?
When you think of the word ‘technology’, what do you think? It is a science fiction show, or something that runs on electricity. Technology has made us think of something very complex, but energy should not be complicated.
Technology is the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes or applications, whether in industry or in our everyday lives.
So, basically, whenever we use our scientific knowledge to achieve some specific objective, we are using technology.
Well, it’s a little more than that. Technology usually involves a specific part of the device, but the device can be incredibly simple or dazzlingly complex. It can be anything from wheel search, to computer and MP3 player all the way.
Read More :
- What is AiPlex Software And How to do Aiplex Copyright Remove?
- How To Record Whatsapp Calls ?
- Why Hire a Professional for your AC Repair?
Technology’s role and influence is growing in both our personal and working lives. Understanding how people shape technology and how technology shapes people’s relationships as one another and the natural world is important not only to those who research, develop and implement new technologies, But also for all those people and organizations who have to use those techniques in their work and personal life.
Technology is not a neutral term. Different people have given it different meanings depending on their point of view and context.
Technology begins with an understanding of how to creatively apply tasks involving people and machines that meet sustainable goals. There are three important aspects of this definition:
- Technology is simply about taking action to fulfill a human need rather than understanding the functioning of the natural world, which is the goal of science. The invention of the microscope was inspired by the need to explore the small world, beyond our unpublished vision. This technological solution to a long-standing problem has enabled us to understand the greater functioning of the world, which has led to the development of more technologies.
- It uses a lot more than scientific knowledge and includes values as well as facts, practical knowledge as much as theoretical knowledge.
- It involves organized ways of doing things. It covers the intended and unintended interactions between products (machines, devices, artifacts) and people and systems that make them, use them or are influenced by them through various processes. Many people like to drink coffee, often in a coffee shop.
- How 13 Technologies Changed the Game of Cricket
Technology is the collection of techniques, skills, methods and processes used in the production of goods or services or in the fulfillment of objectives, such as scientific investigation.
Technology is the application of scientific knowledge for the practical purposes of human life or, as it is sometimes expressed, for the transformation and manipulation of the human environment.
“Application of knowledge to the practical purpose of human life or to change and manipulate the human environment. Technology involves the use of materials, equipment, technology and sources of power to make life easier or more enjoyable and to do more productive work. While science is concerned with how and why things happen, technology is focused on making things. “
History of technology
The history of technology is the history of the invention of tools and techniques and is similar to other aspects of history. The word comes from the Greek word techni meaning arts and crafts.
It was previously used to describe the arts, but is now used to describe the progress and changes around us.
It begins with the beginning of life on Earth, and goes on until the establishment of early modern technologies, such as computers and nuclear power.
The era of technology started when the wheel was invented which is one of the most important technology and after that, more and more things were invented.
The use of the term “technology” has changed a lot in the last 200 years. Prior to the 20th century, the term was uncommon in English, and was used either to describe descriptions of useful arts or to combine studies or technical education, as did the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (chartered in 1861) had gone.
The term “technology” rose to prominence in the 20th century in relation to the Second Industrial Revolution. The meaning of the term changed in the early 20th century when American social scientists started with Thorsten Weblan, translating ideas from the German concept of Technik into “technology”. In German and other European languages, there exists a distinction between technic and technology absent in English, which usually translates the two terms as “technology”.
By the 1930s, “technology” referred not only to the study of industrial arts, but also to the industrial arts themselves.
In 1937, American sociologist Reed Bain wrote that “technology includes all the tools, machines, utensils, weapons, equipment, housing, clothing, communication, and transportation equipment and skills by which we produce and use them.”
Scientists and engineers generally prefer to define technology as applied science, rather than the things that people create and use.
Dictionaries and scholars have presented a variety of definitions. The Merriam-Webster Learners Dictionary provides the definition of the term: “the use of science in industry, engineering, etc., to invent useful things or solve problems”.
Ursula Franklin gave another definition of the concept in her 1989 lecture on “Real World of Technology”; “It’s practice, the way we do things around here and there.”
The term is often used to refer to a specific area of technology, or to refer to high technology or simply consumer electronics rather than technology as a whole.
Technology can be broadly defined as both material and non-material, created by the application of mental and physical effort to gain some value.
In this usage, technology refers to devices and machines that can be used to solve real-world problems.
It is a far-reaching term that may include simple devices, such as crowbars or wooden spoons, or more complex machines, such as space stations or particle accelerators.
Tools and machines do not need to be physical; Virtual technologies, such as computer software and business methods, fall under this definition of technology.
W. Brian Arthur defines technology as broadly as “a means to accomplish a human purpose.”
The term “technology” can also be used to refer to a collection of technologies. In this context, it is the current state of humanity’s knowledge of how to combine resources to produce desired products, to solve problems, meet needs, or satisfy them; It includes technical methods, skills, processes, techniques, equipment and raw materials.
When it is combined with another term, such as “medical technology” or “space technology”, it refers to the knowledge and equipment status of the relevant field. “State-of-the-art technology” refers to the high technology available to humanity in any field.
Gradually different things started to be invented but the main era of technology and invention came in the 18th century when the Industrial Revolution started and machines were invented and different types of development and production began.
The Industrial Revolution began in Great Britain, and many technological innovations were of British origin. Britain was the world’s leading commercial nation until the mid-18th century, which controlled a global trading empire with colonies in North America and Africa, and exerted some political influence on the Indian subcontinent through the activities of the East India Company. The growth of trade and the rise of trade were the major causes of the Industrial Revolution.
New knowledge has enabled people to create new things, and on the contrary, many scientific efforts have been made possible by technologies that assist humans to travel to places they could not before, and scientific instruments. Through we study nature in more detail than our natural senses.
If we look into the mid-20th century, the Internet did not have access and it was difficult for people to communicate with each other and had problems with their businesses, but with the invention of the Internet, people were able to interact via Skype Could Facebook, live streaming etc. And now people can do online banking, which has ended many problems for businessmen.
As more current technologies dominate each other and some evolve more, consumers and businesses can expect to see more opportunities with future technology. Technology will be faster, will have the ability to achieve more and everything will become more streamlined to make it easier to complete.
You will hear more and more about the “Internet of Things” now and in the future. The deeper we delve into technology, the more we feel that we are trying to merge the physical and virtual worlds together. Smart speakers, smart homes and even smart cars are the technological wave to ride in the future, but this is just the beginning. In other words, the future is happening now. Or at least, the sooner you think, the sooner he will be here.
Technology is constantly changing and it sometimes takes a lot of effort to chase a changing goal. Just remember – keeping up with technology increases the value of your business.
Staying up-to-date helps to ensure that you do not lose opportunities, become irrelevant or fall behind your competitors.
Technical history is linked to the history of science. Since technology uses resources, technological history is tightly linked to economic history. From those resources, technology produces other resources, including technical artifacts used in everyday life.
Technology is dynamic; It keeps improving because our needs and demands of technology keep changing.
We have moved from the industrial era (industrial revolution) to the information era. During the industrial era, companies with large capital had the ability to employ expensive technological means to gain a competitive advantage; Small businesses had little capacity because they could not afford expensive manufacturing or processing technology equipment.
However, advancement in technology has created a new economic environment that depends on information, and what we call the ‘information age’. The information era provides a different work environment, and has helped small businesses gain their positions in highly competitive markets.
Types Of Technology
We use technology to accomplish various tasks, so technology comes in various forms. Below I have listed a few different types of technologies that we use on a daily basis and in each type of technology I have included an example of that particular technology.
1) Communication Technology
It is a system that uses technical means to transmit information or data from one place to another or from one person to another.
Communication is a daily necessity for all; It is used to express ideas, exchange information and express feelings. Humans use communication technology devices such as phones, computers, email, fax, or messaging tools to keep in touch with friends and family.
Businesses use information technology in a communication, to facilitate the flow of information in the workplace, to help make decisions, to meet customer needs and requests, to promote new products or services to target consumers More to give.
2) Construction Technology
It is the study of advanced methods and equipment used to construct basic and advanced structures. One type includes heavy engineering structures such as buildings and bridges. Construction methods use various technological products to create structures.
To use construction technology tools such as heavy tractors to prepare the land, to create digital designs for structures in 2D and 3D formats. These tools, along with many other tools, help builders to complete efficiently within budget and on time with minimal accidents.
3) Assistive Technology
Assistive technology is used by people with disabilities to perform specific tasks that are difficult or impossible to perform. The word “helper” means helping or providing extra hands. Assistive technology is being used in many ways, in schools it is used to help students with autism learn better, it is used to help people with disabilities, moreover, speech recognition applications. With the use of, those who are unable to type can be able to use a computer and more.
Due to advancements in technology, we have a variety of assistive technologies that assist in accomplishing many tasks that might otherwise be considered impossible.
4) Medical Technology
It is the type of technology used to enhance and improve human life. Medical technology reduces patient pain and cares for injury.
Developed countries have benefited from the use of medical technology in their healthcare systems, and this explains the reason why people in developed countries live longer than people in developing countries.
Medical technology is used to diagnose infections, treat diseases and research on diseases affecting humans, etc.
5) Information Technology
Information technology is a set of hardware and software tools that are used to store, transfer, and process information.
Information technology tools help provide the right information at the right time to the right people. Knowledge workers in an organization use information technology to accomplish a variety of tasks, and may include; Transfer of information that facilitates decision making within an organization, improves customer service, and more.
In this information age, managing information systems is imperative to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Management information systems (MIS) include the planning, development, management and use of information technology tools to help knowledge workers and people perform all tasks related to information processing and management.
Large financial institutions like banks use information technology to operate their entire businesses as well as serve their customers.
6) Entertainment Technology
This use of technology to improve the entertainment experience. Since entertainment is so widespread, everyone entertains in their own way. Technology is used to make video games, develop music systems, and more.
Entertainment technology includes video, sound, animation, scene creation, computer simulation, interactive environments and more.
7) Business Technology
It is a technology used to run a business and enhance various business functions, it usually consists of a combination of software and hardware. Many businesses are using technology to drive their growth. Small businesses have used technology to create new ways of competing with well-established companies.
To some extent, some business technologies can make a small company like a big company, and this can help achieve a small business position in a competitive market.
8) Educational Technology
Education Technology aims to improve students’ performance by creating and managing various technological processes and resources in or outside the classroom. It is an academic discipline that prepares individuals to gain deeper understanding and knowledge.
It helps them formulate solutions to problems through learning, research, design, evaluation and use. Educational technology helps improve our way of learning, some of the benefits of educational technology include:
It inspires students and encourages individual learning.
Easy access to educational content
Helps students learn new subjects and languages
Advantages and Disadvantages Of Technology
Technology is good because it simplifies the way we do things in our daily lives, however, if technology is applied incorrectly, it can be harmful in many ways. Technology has been developed by humans, so we can use it to complete almost every task; It makes the impossible possible. Therefore, today we understand the advantages and disadvantages of technology-
Advantages Of Technology
- Thanks to the Internet and mobile technologies, we can communicate with anyone in the world and form relationships with people who are at some distance rather than being confined to those around us. These are some great positives for both work and home life.
- Increased manufacturing and automation of many other jobs, thanks to computers, means more efficiency, boring repetitive tasks now reduce people, and increased flexibility in work time. Many tasks can now be done remotely, thanks to the Internet, many workers are increasingly able to work from home to their liking.
- The information available now is amazing. In theory, at least, access to the Internet means access to almost all knowledge of the world. By making mobile devices more and more powerful, we don’t even need to sit at a desk to increase information.
- The entertainment industry has experienced a revolution. Consumers now have an incredible choice of movies, shows, games, music and other entertainment available 24/7. The music and film industry has been democratized because artists are no longer relying on companies to fund and promote them, as they can do so themselves.
- Technology can now be used to advance itself. Science is profiting extensively from lightning speed that computers can compute and investigate complex questions that will take many lifetimes for humans to answer. Computers have led to medical breakthroughs, chemical and astronomical discoveries.
- Modern technology saves us a lot of time, whether it is our computer control cars that allow us to work, washing machines to wash clothes, or automated banking that allows us to pay with credit cards, use Internet banking, or cash from ATMs Allows to receive.
- Computer regulation and automation means that many devices and machines now work much more efficiently and use less power, either because they are working at the most efficient rate, or they automatically operate when not in use We close ourselves. It provides benefits for the environment along with being a cost saver.
The Disadvantages of Technology
- Human relations in virtual worlds have diminished. As online social networking is reducing real face-to-face and physical contact, isolation can increase, as well as problems such as cyber-bullying, online stalking, and cyber crime, which are related to internet anonymity.
- Humans are becoming less and less valuable in the workplace as their roles are replaced by computers. Outsourcing means large profits for companies, but a decline in wages and conditions and more unemployment for the general workforce, especially in Western countries. Multinational corporations are impossible to control by individual nation states.
- Privacy issues have become much larger, as personal information has become harder to control in the digital and Internet worlds. Financial statements can be hacked, explicit photos or videos posted on the web, allegations made against people’s characters, and personal identity stolen.
- Theft and theft of intellectual property has made it more difficult for creative people to make any money from their output. Media can be digitalized and then distributed over the Internet very easily and this process seems impossible to control. This will eventually lead to deterioration in artistic and creative quality as people do not have the time and money to pursue projects.
- Modern societies are increasingly dependent on technology. Not only this, many basic services such as hospitals, power grids, airports, rail and road transport systems, and military security can now be knocked over by cyber attack or a catastrophic failure. If technology is taken away overnight then man will become almost helpless.
- We are getting overwhelmed by the excesses of modern information, as modern technology is bombarding us with irrelevant emails, sales telephone calls, text messages, internet advertising, etc. To save us time, new technology means that We hope to process more and more information and work more deeply.
- Technology brings with it all kinds of environmental problems. As well as machines and equipment often being made from toxic, or non-biogradable materials, most technologies require a power source, which can often mean increased consumption of electricity and fossil fuels.
- Technology has a common demeaning effect. Along with the workplace, the military is becoming increasingly more technical. An example is pilotless drone aircraft, which can attack and kill people with a controller several thousands of miles away.